How Can Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Help You?
When you are drowning in debt, it may feel like there is no hope for financial relief. Overdue bills keep piling up. Creditors are calling. You may even be facing a home foreclosure, asset repossession or garnishment of your wages.
But relief may be closer than you think. Through Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can get out of debt and obtain a fresh financial start. And, immediately after filing for Chapter 7, an automatic stay goes into effect. This stops creditors from calling and halts any repossession, foreclosure or garnishment actions against you during the bankruptcy process.
Considering bankruptcy? Contact us. Before you risk losing more money by filing on your own, call our experienced bankruptcy lawyer at 618-277-3476.
What Is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Chapter 7 bankruptcy allows you to discharge your unsecured debts such as credit card bills and medical bills. Contrary to what many believe, you may be able to keep your home, car and other types of personal property during Chapter 7. Contact us to discuss the details of your case. The process of filing for bankruptcy can be complex, and your application and case can be made stronger through legal representation.
Guiding You Through The Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Process
We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, customized representation. When you work with our law firm, we will:
- Analyze your finances and complete an accurate calculation of your income to see if you qualify by using the Chapter 7 means test and other methods
- Help you enroll and complete the mandatory credit counseling courses
- Assist you with reviewing and completing all the necessary paperwork related to filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition
- Download your credit report if requested and make sure we have a complete list of all the creditors to whom you owe money
- Help you prepare and appear with you for the required 341 hearing and assist you through your bankruptcy discharge
- Consider how the timing of your bankruptcy may affect your divorce case, if applicable
To discuss your matter during a free attorney consultation, call us in Belleville, Illinois, at 618-277-3476 or 888-446-6538. Or, if you prefer, email us, and we will respond promptly.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.